Kebetulan lokasi Shopping Complex CentralWorld tak jauh dari Hotel Novotel Bangkok Platinum tempat kami menginap di Bangkok, sehingga sangat mudah saya bolak-balik jalan kaki ke sana melalui Skywalk.
CentralWorld tidak hanya beruapa shopping mall terdapat juga hotel dan office tower. Luas shopping mall 550.000 meter persegi dan untuk hotel serta office selias 830.000 meter persegi.
Shopping Mall-nya sendiri mampu menapung 150 ribu orang per hari. Karena dekat hotel, ketika itu untuk pertama kalinya ke sana sekitar jam 9 pagi saya menuju CentralWorld, ternyata masih tutup, buka jam 10 pagi dan tutup jam 10 malam.
|SF Wolrd Cinema|
Sambil menunggu mall buka, saya beserta istri dan anak jalan-jalan di depan mall yang cukup luas, sambil photo-photo. Dari luar, mall yang berlantai 7 ini kelihatan megah dan besar banget.
Mendekati jam 10 pagi, saya lihat ada banyak antrian panjang, yang ternyata di salah satu toko ada sedang ada promo. Begitu saya masuk ke dalam Mall terlihat luas dan exclusive serta modern.
Main anchors (reference: wikipedia) dari CentralWolrd yaitu
- Isetan – This branch of the Japanese department store chain has six stories. The merchandise ranges from apparel to domestic goods.
- Zen Mega Store – Branded as Asia's first lifestyle trend megastore. It had 50,000 square metres and was seven stories high. It was managed by the Central Retail Corporation.
- SF World Cinema – An upscale cinema complex located on the seventh floor, it has a total of 15 screens, which include the 800 seats of World Max Screen and luxury "first-class" theatres. The venue played host to a number of Thai cinema premieres as well as the 2007 Bangkok International Film Festival and the 2008 Bangkok International Film Festival.
- GROOVE @ CentralwOrld – The New Zone with varieties of cafe, restaurants, hang-out space at the front of The Offices
Sedangkan Key tenants (reference: wikipedia) adalah:
- PowerBuy – A large electronics store selling electrical appliances ranging from refrigerators to home theatre systems. It is located on the fourth floor of the complex.
- SuperSports – A large sporting equipment shop.
- B2S – The flagship branch of the Thailand-based bookstore chain, it spreads one floor and offers international and local publications, books, stationery, office supplies and various forms of entertainment media.
- Central Food Hall – This premium-level supermarket offers household products, fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, butcheries and seafood. There are also a wine cellar, a food court and a variety of restaurants and fast food outlets.
- SB Design Square – The flagship store of S.B. Furniture, selling furnitures and home decorate products.
- Toys R Us – The flagship location of the store in Thailand, it offers more than 10,000 square meters of imported toys and attractive gadgets and gizmos for teenagers.
- TK Park (Thailand Knowledge Park) – A complex that includes a library, Internet centers, a 4D movie theatre and other media facilities. Owned and operated by the government of Thailand.
- Genius Park- A newly added facility, replacing the Asian Senses, it consists of a children's playground, an arcade, and various learning centers for children and adults.
- Uniqlo - The first Uniqlo store in Thailand and currently the brand's largest branch in South-East Asia.
- H&M - The Largest H&M Store in Southeast Asia and 3rd Largest After Las Vegas' and NYC's.
- The Rink Iceskate - An indoor ice skating rink located at the 2nd floor Forum zone.
- The ZONE by Fitness First